23 April 2018
On Monday 23 April over 100 CPA and WPA members attended our Using Proptech to Plan for Growth breakfast seminar. The event was kindly hosted by KPMG at their Number Twenty client space on Grosvenor Street.
This breakfast seminar showcased examples of geospatial modelling and other ‘proptech’ innovations aimed at helping local government and the industry deliver the homes and workspaces London needs.
Jason Hawthorne started the seminar by delivering a presentation on VU.CITY’s 3D model of London’s built environment; and Paul Davis on Nimbus Maps Elite Platform, which is a property information portal.
The presentations were followed by a panel discussion by industry leaders and policymakers on the impacts of new digital technologies on the planning process. The speakers were:
- Nick Wright, Head of Business Development (Real Estate) at KPMG – moderator
- Hugh Bullock, Chairman of Gerald Eve
- Annie Hampson OBE, Chief Planning Officer and Development Director at the City of London Corporation
- Christian Morgan, Head of Land at Taylor Wimpey Central London
- John Walker, Director of Planning at Westminster City Council
The panel was followed by a lively Q&A from CPA and WPA members, highlighting the high level of interest these new technologies.
We would like to thank our partners KPMG, City of London Corporation and Westminster City Council for their support in organising this event.