TIME: 18:00 – 20:30 (seminar runs between 18:30 and 19:20)
VENUE: Norton Rose Fulbright, 3 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AQ
CPA members are invited to our first event of the year, a joint evening seminar and drinks reception with WPA exploring the implications of the draft London plan for central London’s property industry.
Following a keynote address by the Deputy Mayor of Planning, Regeneration and Skills, Jules Pipe CBE, and a presentation of the key themes of the new Plan, the implications of the plan will be discussed by an expert panel comprising; Cllr Peter John OBE, Leader of Southwark Council and Executive Member at London Councils – a cross-party organisation that represents London’s 32 borough councils and the City of London – alongside senior officers from Westminster City Council and the City of London Corporation. The full panel includes:
- Paul Beckett, Policy & Performance Director, City of London
- Barbara Brownlee, Executive Director of Growth, Planning & Housing at Westminster City Council
- Juliemma McLoughlin, Executive Director of Development, Enterprise & Environment at GLA
- Cllr Peter John OBE, Leader of Southwark Council
- Craig McWilliam, Chief Executive of Grosvenor Britain & Ireland and WPA Vice Chair (Chair)
The CPA and WPA will use comments from the discussion to help inform our response, and also update members on how the associations plan to work together representing the industry on issues impacting the Central Activities Zone and surrounding central London boroughs.