On Thursday 20 September, CPA members attended our City of London Policy breakfast seminar hosted by Charles Russell Speechlys. The seminar gave our members the opportunity to hear about the emerging policy direction of the upcoming City of London Corporation Local Plan.
Speakers at the seminar included:
- Christopher Hayward, Chairman of the Planning & Transportation Committee
- Bruce McVean, Strategic Transportation Group Manager
- Peter Shadbolt, Assistant Director (Planning Policy)
- Iain Simmons, Assistant Director (City Transportation)
- Lisa Webb, Partner, Gerald Eve (moderator)
Christopher Hayward opened the seminar with a speech about the Corporation’s vision of the Square Mile as a modern and vibrant business centre with healthy, green streets and public realm.
Peter Shadbolt discussed the key priority areas for change in the Local Plan to deliver this vision – highlighting proposed changes to Fleet Street, Liverpool Street and the Eastern City Cluster.
Bruce McVean and Iain Simmons discussed the Transport Strategy, the first strategy of its type by the City Corporation and changes to Bank Junction.