TIME: 8am to 10am
VENUE: Schroders, 1 London Wall Place, London EC2Y 5AU
This morning seminar will bring together a panel of industry and heritage experts to discuss the role of the historic buildings and spaces in a modern business district.
Our expert panel will discuss how the development community, Historic England and City of London Corporation are working together to protect heritage assets. What are the opportunities and risks posed by listed building status? And what policy and funding interventions are needed to ensure exemplary City buildings are futureproofed?
- Moderator: David Ainsworth – CPA President and Chief Executive at CORE
- Emily Gee – London Planning Director of Historic England
- Jacob Loftus – Founder and CEO of General Projects
- Lisa Webb – Partner at Gerald Eve
- Annie Hampson OBE – Chief Planning Officer and Development Director at City of London Corporation
As well as discussing the role of historic heritage protection, our expert panel will discuss how we deal with buildings of modern architectural merit, like the Gherkin. Should we preserve it in aspic or rebuild?